Finally, after six long months, the State of Alarm came to an end at dawn on Sunday; however, we must continue to wear masks and comply with the indications. Although Catalonia is doing better, the epidemic continues, and we must not relax.
With the end of the state of alarm at midnight on May 9 came the lifting of two measures that limited the freedom of movement of the entire population. That is, the curfew and the perimeter closure of the autonomous community were left without effect. Now you can enter and exit Catalonia freely without having to justify the travel.
The Government has given a series of guidelines that will be maintained, at least for the next 15 days:
- The number of people that can meet is limited to six.
- Shops may extend their hours until 10:00 pm.
- They also extend the hours of bars and restaurants until 11:00 pm, always respecting the capacity of 30% indoors and 100% outdoors.
- This Friday, the Government will hold a meeting to study what measures can be adopted to open the nightlife sector.
- The restrictions of limitation of the 50% capacity in religious events, cinemas, theaters, etc., will continue to be in force, being able to open until 23:00.
- The sports centers may remain open until 11:00 pm.
- When traveling by car, using a mask will continue to be mandatory when the occupants are not from the same coexistence bubble.
The Generalitat asks the citizens to act responsibly while following the population vaccination process since the pandemic has not ended.
“That we do not have a state of alarm does not mean that the pandemic is under control”, agreed Meritxell Budó.
At CALVET, we continue with our commitment to keeping you informed.